The Kativik Regional Government (KRG) is a supra-municipal organization with jurisdiction over the territory of Québec located north of the 55th parallel. The KRG is currently seeking to recruit a professional candidate with strong leadership skills to work in Kuujjuaq, in the capacity of:
DIRECTOR, TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
(PERMANENT, FULL-TIME POSITION)
Reporting to the Director General, the Director of the Transportation Department is responsible for overseeing the mandates conferred to the KRG in the field of transportation services. Namely, the Director is responsible for:
• Planning, organizing and monitoring all activities related to the operation, management and maintenance of the region’s 14 airports in accordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, regulations and budgets;
• Overseeing the application of all programs, standards and security measures as per the federal regulation in airports;
• Inspecting marine infrastructures in the 14 communities and ensuring they are maintained in good condition;
• Assisting the communities in the development, including securing funding, and the operation of public transit and para‑transit (Usijiit) services;
• Coordinating the work of the Regional Round-Table on Off Highway Vehicles (OHV) aimed at improving the safety of OHV users;
• Negotiating agreements and funding with governments and different public bodies for all projects and programs related to transportation services in the region;
• Working in close collaboration with the KRG Administration and Municipal Public Work Departments with regards to new or to the improvement of infrastructure projects and reporting to governments on the maintenance of said infrastructures;
• Liaising with governments, agencies, airline companies, northern villages and other regional and local organizations, on issues related to regional transportation services in the region;
• Managing budgets totaling 14 M$ and supervising a multidisciplinary team of over 60 employees.
• Bachelor degree in administration or in a related field, exceptionally a combination of relevant work experience and education may be considered;
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing airports in accordance with applicable provincial and federal laws;
• Minimum 5 years in managing a multidisciplinary team in the public transportation field;
• Results oriented and demonstrated ability to work under pressure;
• Strong leadership, problem solving, decision making and mobilization skills;
• Advanced working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel;
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in English and French; knowledge of Inuktitut is an asset;
• Significant work experience in negotiating with governments will be considered an asset;
• Work experience in a cross-cultural environment, preferably with native communities, will be considered as an asset;
• Be willing and available to travel in Nunavik and outside the region.
Salary: Based on Management salary scale
Other benefits: Cost of living differential: minimum of $8 500 per year;
Food allowance: minimum of $3 453 per year;
Annual leave trips: minimum of three trips;
Pension plan: 8% employer contribution;
Group insurance program;
Vacation: 30 days per year;
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 days at Christmas holidays.
Please send your resume before February 1, 2017 to:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC JOM 1CO
Fax : (819) 964-2975
E. Mail : email@example.com
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.